Friday, September 04, 2015

Day 8 :: SATURDAY 22 Aug 2015 >>> The dip at lake Manasarovar and onward towards Mt Kailash


The day started at 0800 with a Guru Puja and a Sathsangh (video of Sadhguru explaining the mystical happenings at Lake Manasarovar) . As the initiation process for the dip was to be done in the morning, we were all asked to be on empty stomach.

After the video satsangh, we shifted to the banks of the lake at around 0900. VidyaVinothini akka led us through a process to prepare us for the dip. After a bit of chanting, a few drops of consecrated water was given to us and we were asked to apply this on the crown of our head (Sahasrara chakra). 

Then those of us who were interested were asked to step into the lake. The morning sun was a bit warm on the skin but the water in the lake was chilling to the bone. With Shambho !!!   on my lips  I stripped to my swimming trunks and strode into the lakeā€¦ waded in till water was neck deep and took three dips. The view of the rising sun straight ahead in the eastern sky and a glimpse of Mt Kailash to the Northern sky to my left was an indescribable experience. For some reason as I was taking the three dips, I broke down crying and just enjoyed the moment !!

After the first thermal shock as the ankles touched the waters of the lake, strangely my body did not sense the chilling water. It is only when I dipped my head into the lake completely that my lungs senses the coldness around around me. We were told not to spend more than 8-10 minutes inside and I enjoyed every moment of those 10 minutes. The thoughts in my mind in those moments were not about the family, about friends, about the cold or anything else. It was only shambho!! right through.

Those moments inside lake Manasarovar, with the rising sun on my face and glancing at Mt Kailash over my left shoulder are moments of indescribable joy  !!!

Stepped out of the lake, dried myself and the warm rays of the sun were soothing enough for me to ignore the chill in the air around me. Stepped into my room, changed into my trackpants and went for a few sips of hot chocolate. From where we were being served breakfast, we could continue to see Mt Kailash. We had aloo poha and lots of hot chocolate. That was the best breakfast of my life.

with Lake Manasarovar in the background


the ashram that we stayed in at Manasarovar

mystical lake, freaky gang, awesome time

Relaxed for a few hours savoring the moments at Manasarovar, took a few group photos by the lakeside and had a quick lunch before we boarded our two buses towards Mt Kailash, our real destination!!

We were facing east onto Lake Manasarovar, thus having a glimpse of Mt Kailash over our left shoulder



Mt Kailash under a cloud cover .... straight ahead 


A Gompa near Lake Manasarovar

 Lake Manasarovar is regarded as the most holy of all of Tibet's many lakes. According to Hindu and Buddhist cosmology the four great rivers of the Indian sub-continent, the Brahmaputra, Sutlej, Ganges, and Indus all arise from the lake. 

This location offers a wonderful opportunity to see the great lake Manasarovar with Mt. Gurla Mandhata (7728m) on south and Holy Kailash on the north. Mt Gurla Mandhata can be seen better from the Manasarovar tourist office where we boarded our two buses to Lake Manasarovar

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home